For bash authors
Is my bash package
basher install compatible?
- there should be 1 or more executable bash scripts in either the root or the
bin/ folder of the repository
- your script was written in bash, although inside the script there might be calls to chunks of awk, python, php. The main script should be a .sh file.
- the script(s) can run on the command line, they’re not meant to be sourced in another script
- there is no special action to do upon installation (like adding commands to
.bashrc startup scripts) before the script can be used
- the program is self-contained (all the code is in 1 file), or it can find its dependent libraries even if the main script is a symbolic link to the actual program, since this is how basher works. (
source $(dirname "$0")/helpers.sh will not work)
basher install shield
If you’ve also developed a script that can be installed with
basher install, feel free to add this shield to your repo and link back to this site.
This is the markdown you need: